View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Why am I still alive?

I did the most stupid thing I've ever done in my 56yrs on this earth today. I was installing an electrical box so I could plug my generator in, that is in my pickup, to the Monty. That way we could run the air for about an hour before we get to our destination.

I ran the wires, without incident. I was going to install the plug-in box in the front compartment so I could run the cable for it to the generator.

That's when somebody and I hope it was the good lord, started looking over me. Keep in mind, I'm not what you would call a religious person, but I do believe in a higher power.

I picked up my cordless drill with the screw driver attachment, put a self tapping screw on it and proceed to mount the box. I drilled through a layer of metal and hit another layer and decided, hmm, must be a double wall. About 3 seconds later, I've got propane blowing in my face. Yep, you guessed it, I drilled right into a full 30lb propane tank.

My mind when into automatic and I ran to the back of the Monty and unplugged the electrical cord, went to the pole and shut off the power, sat down on the ground and prayed it didn't blow up. I have no idea why it didn't blow up when I punctured the tank, but I was using my cordless drill instead of my plug in drill. With my plug in drill I can see the brushes spark when I push the switch. I don't know why I picked up the cordless drill because the plug in drill had a screw driver attachment in it too.

I know I'm new to you folks, but just wanted to share my stupidity. My wife, that I love more than anything in the world, after she made sure I was alright, called me one of her pet names, A Dumb A$$.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote