View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #19
Gradified
Established Member

M.O.C. #12913
Smile Updated remote control information

I see it's been years since this thread has been active but for those interested in using a remote to control functions and devices on your rig it can be a time and labor saving help. My Lippert remote control receiver blew the circuit providing +12vdc to the manual switches on my 2010 3455SA. I replaced it with the LC305117 Replacement 5-function remote receiver with replaceable fuses. This unit uses the LC358601 touchscreen remote to program and control the board. Etrailer has a good price on both and instructions to program the functions including landing gear, stabilizer, slides, awnings, lights etc. The control also allows you to assign 1 of 4 fuses per function. For instance the landing gear uses fuse 1 a 30 amp fuse and also the main slide uses fuse 1. The stabilizer uses fuse 2 a 20 amp fuse. This flexibiilty allows you to properly fuse the particular device you've assigned to a function. The remote allows you to assign a unique PIN to unlock the remote however in order to program the fuses you must acquire another unique PIN which you will discover is not readily available. I did find a reference though which refers to a Lippert page on which one can find the PIN (https://www.lci1.com/history) It is definitely there and will take you a little head scratching to figure it out but be patient and I guarantee you will get it.The only reason I won't divulge is the same reason the person who referred to the site, possible liability. Should you assign a fuse of higher than necessary value to a function it's possible you could damage something and don't expect to blame someone else. The advantage of having these replaceable fuses is you should not have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace an entire assembly. File this away or if you're considering adding remote capability to your rig then check out etrailer for pricing and availability. Good luck!
Gradified is offline   Reply With Quote