View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #9
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Actually I have the WiFi connects and it is as safe or actually more safe than a cell, despite being hooked up to a publicly open wifi, the system has its own modem which you can put several layers of protection on. From the factory setting you still have protection from anyone else getting into your system just like the password protection on the phone.

I've got one of the original units that came out, bought it at the Tampa show for a good price and after some haggling with the factory rep he through in a new tv antenna as well for same price.

It works really well in parks that have good public wifi, can take a signal that is weak and boost it to 99% or so, rarely drops the signal. I've been parked at some parks where I can't see the free wifi at all on the laptop or the phone but with this unit I have a great signal.

I can usually see 30 or 40 wifi signals but unfortunately most are secured and thus it renders it useless unless there is unsecured available.

It does allow you to have your own secure wireless network with the option for those camping with you to log on as a guest using another secured password that you set up which is a nice feature we've used quite a bit.

The new units have a monthly fee and option for cell signals but quite frankly I see no point in that. I do have wifi in my truck (thanks GM) it works great and I can get a signal in places where my cell does not have such so with the two options we are covered and the only outlay was the initial $400 at the show in Tampa....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote