View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #10
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Jim something you may find along the way is you will need to increase the differential between what you have in the tires for pressure and when the low limit is to alarm.
When the G614's were installed on my trailer the ambient temperatures were around 85 degrees. I set them all for 110 psi or as close as I could get.
I have the booster transmitter so I can monitor the tire pressures and temps from within my S&B. Well as fall approached and then winter the temperatures dropped to around 35 degrees and below, the temperature change also reduces the air pressure and all were alarming when I had it set to alarm at 100 psi. Rather than add air at that time I reset the low to 90 psi just to keep the alarm from going off. I will once again set it to 100 psi before leaving in a couple of weeks as it has warmed up here as well.
The air pressure in tires is also affected by changes in elevation although that is minimal it can amount to 2 or 3 lbs with large changes.

Just saying if you have your tires aired to 108 and set to alarm at 100 you may encounter this because of the small differential.

Glad you got them all working, I am looking forward to seeing the changes in pressure and temperature as I go south in a couple of weeks.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote