View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Sounds like there are several different set ups. Mine has the heat pump option on the rear (living area) AC only. When I toggle through the modes this is what I see:

Rear (living) unit
Off
Fan control (Auto, High, Low)
Cool (set temperature)
Furnace (set temperature)
Heat Pump (set temperature)
Off

Front (bedroom) unit
Off
Fan control (Auto, High, Low)
Cool (set temperature)
Furnace (set temperature)
Off

Here is another question. If I select furnace on the front thermostat, how is the heated air directed to the bedroom and not to the living area? Are there zone controls in the ducting (somehow I doubt this)? I have not actually tested it; maybe if either thermostat calls for furnace heat, it comes out everywhere.

PS: I found out by accident how to get the thermostat to display room temperature. It must be in the "off" mode, hit both up and down arrow at the same time. Seems odd you have to turn the unit off to find out room temperature, but that is how mine works.
I think Scott has hit on the issue here. Some of us have the bedroom in the rear and some have the bedroom in the front. So perhaps it is better to identify the thermostats as living room or bedroom rather than front and back?

On a related note, isn't all the ducting connected? As in the thermostats control the roof units but the ducting is connected all the way thru? I know that when my living room unit is running most of the air flows thru those vents but I get some air flow thru the bedroom vents (I would say about a 1/4 of what I get thru the vents right at the unit). And related to that I have heard that those vents have a bad habit of collapsing so that might answer why there is such a significant difference in air volume?
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote