View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #17
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
disks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
Not trying to knock anyones truck, and I own a Ford, but Ford Superduty trucks absolutely eat front brake pads as compared to my past GM Duramax trucks.

As other have said, both my Duramax trucks went 100k plus without changing the brakes. My F350 has only 33K and the front pads are very close to needing replaced. The rears look like brand new.

My front brakes always run hot when towing with the Ford as well. Every trip the front wheels are covered in brake dust upon arriving to camp. I often can even smell them. I've had it back to Ford under warranty complaining of the brakes needing to be more balanced between front and rear. Both times they told me its how Ford is engineered with the SD trucks and its within spec.
Disk brakes on the camper will really help with this. Like others have said you can stop the whole rig with the camper brakes if you want. Worrying about being able to stop in time or brake fade down a mountain is gone and actually makes the trip a little less stressful, for me anyway.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote