View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
Montana_1892
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1892
More sanitary hose storage

Hi,
Every get to a new site, only to find that the sewer connection is about three feet further than you have sewer hose and moving the 5er just is not the best solution.
i solved this by adding to my sewer hose iventory. i did this by removing the original sewer hose pipe from the front of the 5er. i then cut off the cap and last few inches of the pipe. went to home depot and got a ten foot length of pipe and a coupling. drilled some hole in the bottom to let the water out and attached this to the end of the original sewer hose pipe.
remounted the combined unit to the underside, only this time i ran it from front to real instead of side to side. on a 3670 this ends just before the first axle. using pumber tape and self tapping screw, secured the pipe to the cross members, you can see the screws from where they hold the bottom cover on, a few of the screws that held the bottom cover on were even usable to hold this new pipe. And around the holding tank sewer line.
about 2500 miles with my new arrangement and no problems, and yes it is a little more difficult to get the hose in and out, as it involves more bending and such, but i can carry enough hose to get to almost any sewer connection point. i can even carry a shortly in addition to the long hose, for quick stops next to a dump station.
Montana_1892 is offline   Reply With Quote