View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #28
Montana in Idaho

M.O.C. #21811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
This is a heads up for the person from Keystone who monitors this forum.

There was a thread on the Montana Facebook group about the famous cabinet door which covers the control panel, and how people are always hitting their heads on it. You open the door to access the controls, and then maybe forget to close it, and then hit your head on it as you go up the stairs. I think most of us have done this.

People post their "fixes", which includes putting the door on a track so it slides sideways to open, hanging something on the door of the cabinet as a reminder, or making the door smaller so it covers the upper cabinet, leaving the control panel exposed. It is the latter fix that we applied.

Perhaps Keystone should make a design change here. This is such a common problem, and has been going on for several years. Check to see what other manufacturers do about this issue. Maybe install a rolling door, like the old roll top desks is the answer. Perhaps relocating the control panel is an option. There must be a better way!
Had the same problem with our 2018 310RE HC. We ordered a matching cabinet door 18" x 18" and a piece of smoked glass 14" x 14". The shorter cabinet door covers the upper area (no more head banging) but leaves the control panel exposed. We were looking for a solution that appeared "it came from the factory that way". Before we could install it (and after numerous problems) we traded the HC in on a new Fifth Wheel. Now I have a cabinet door and piece of glass I would love to part with for a small fee. Let me know if anyone is interested
Montana in Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote