View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
With all due respect I think this is part of the reason that the RV industry is a hot mess. If I purchased an RV with res fridge and it stopped working under warranty I would have every expectation that the dealer would take care of the problem. The notion that somehow the dealer needs a certified manufacturer's appliance tech on payroll or on hand is just not so. These "appliances" are treated as consumables. They replace and RMA or RTV depending on where the 5er is in the sales process. In addition since in the case of the OP I think the fridge would need to removed via the slide whom else but the dealer or another RV service provider is going to perform this? Remove and replace...then the old is repaired and used in another scenario. Granted if the failure is caused by a routinely field replaceable item a third party is usually contracted via the warranty provider. This is where the dealer relationship has tremendous bearing.
To each his own. If you want to deal with an RV dealer, that's a personal preference. My personal experiences with local dealers after several RV's is to avoid them at all cost. I don't trust them. I don't think they are competent. And most of them are so busy that they take shortcuts or keep your RV for weeks or months at a time. Not interested unless it's structurally related. Everyone should do what they want and how they feel about their local dealerships.