Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Linda and Bruce!

First, the brake controller. We have the same controller. Several people in this forum have encountered what you have. In all but possibly one case the problem was with the trailer. Most were bad connections inside the brake hub. One or two were bad connections in the trailer wiring just outside the hub, on the inside of the wheels. Pull on the wires at those connections to see if any are loose. They are notorious for this. What you are seeing is that you now have an intelligent brake controller that recognizes a problem in the brake wiring and tells you about it. It still could be in the truck but I'd put my money on it being in the trailer wiring somewhere. If you can find the threads on this topic and print them out, show them to your Montana dealer.

Congratulations on the new Montana. We still enjoy our 3295RK very much and feel it's the best model for us. There are so many great models nowadays that it's hard to choose but we sure like this model.

Congratulations on your new truck, too. I am totally pleased with how ours performs and our Montana is loaded about as heavily as you can load them.

I hope you get the brake problem fixed quickly.

Since you are in Washington state, maybe you can make it to our rally near Minden, NV, in early October. That would be a good opportunity to get to meet a number of our members.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote