View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 04:14 AM   #1
Montana_3008

M.O.C. #3008
Where in the world is Quality Control?????

After we got our " monty " home I discovered a couple of safety/construction concerns. First, I have a BIG problem as to why the 12 VDC line conections from the battery to the hydralic pump for the slides were left exposed on leaving the factory. Is this a common thing? Guys it doesn't seem fair to have as huge of a potential fire hazard as this un-adressed during design and construction. I put 6 or 15 pounds of electrical tape over the terminals but it doesn't seem right to expect the new owner to cure an obvious snafu like this. Next I found two 5/8ths inch bolts that secure the kitchen slide out to the frame be finger tight only! Now, I can only imagine how much fun that would have been to see your slide out skittering down the road only to pass you at a red light! Granted there were two additional bolts on the other end that were secured but this is scary to me. Kinda puts a suspicous thought or two in the old brain housing groupe. I didn't notice during the walk through that there were no leveling indicators anywhere on our Montana. I have that cured but wonder why this wasn't done at the factory. Any thoughts?
Mike & Jan
Montana_3008 is offline   Reply With Quote