Thread: In Command
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #36
Clarky

M.O.C. #21766
I just ordered the 2020 3120RL Legacy with solar package and had a few concerns about the in command as well. We get it late Feb 2020. As a retired Aircraft Electrician I wanted to know how they covered failures. Keystone has a great video explaining the triple redundancies in their system. They have really done a great job at accessing the control centre in the belly which is easy to maintain if ever a problem. Way faster than tracing down electrical problems the old fashioned way. Meaning cheaper service charges (time) after the warranty is gone. Plus the relays are common automotive grade which can be found at any auto parts store and are easy to replace. So if there is an issue than its easier to find a auto parts store than a competent RV dealer. They also have a secondary manual override switch for most functions that the app does at the command centre. You turn a selector knob to what ever you need activated and and then flick the override switch. If that is still gone, then you revert to the manual crank system just like a traditional rig, or whatever. I don't know all the features but its all in the video. I talked to my local dealer service manager (whom I know and trust immensely) and he says that the newer system have had all the bugs worked out of them and he has seen only very small issues over the last few years. He was very confident in the system. Happy trails and welcome to the future.
Clarky is offline   Reply With Quote