View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #12
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjamin View Post
Update: I went to Camping World in La Miranda, CA this morning to see if they had a “red” 30 PSI regulator in stock. They did not and said they could order one. That was a “no go” so I asked if they knew any RV propane dealers/suppliers in the area. They handed me a flier form Globe Propane in Long Beach, CA. I drove the 12 miles over to Globe and talked with “Henry”. Globe is a So Cal propane wholesaler, but they do stock RV propane parts and regulators. He looked at my red regulator and questionably asked what it was doing on my rig. I said it appeared to be OE to the rig. He was adamant that 7 gallon propane tank should have a first stage regulator that steps down to only 11 PSI. He had several different types of regulators and I chose to go with his recommended 11, since he said RV appliances run on lower PSI then home household appliances. This is all new news to me, but after installing the new regulator, the stove and fridge all work correctly when I’m running on the lefts side propane tank.
So how is everything working. I misread the 11psi to be (in my mind) 11 inches of water column.