View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Our Monty is home, finally!

The End, Finally!
Today, I’m closing our novel about the trials and tribulations of getting warranty service for our Montana, service that took nearly 10 months to complete. Once again, after I got very proactive into researching WHY it took so long to get a few relative minor fixes completed, I am convinced that we did fall through the cracks at the dealership, and that there was no intentional effort by Bish’s to brush us off or discourage us from pursuing the warranty-covered items. Because of the sinking economy, I imagine many RV dealers are suffering similar problems, especially when employees are laid off and job responsibilities are assigned to remaining employees who may not be aware of specific customer situations.

Although 99% of the work was finished when we picked up the RV last month, we had to take it back to have a defective window and the couch drawer rails replaced yesterday; we knew both items needed more work, but we wanted to bring the RV home so we could at least see it while waiting for those parts. Instead of coming back to Dillon yesterday evening, however, we had to spend the night in Idaho Falls because of a bad wind storm that arrived earlier in the day and which grew worse as the day progressed. Interstate 15 and Interstate 20 were closed after noon because of high wind and low visibility (blowing sand and dirt) and were expected to be closed until midnight. So, we left the Montana at Bish's, got a room, and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening enjoying the things Idaho Falls offers that Dillon does not: Barnes & Noble, excellent Chinese food, a mall, Target, Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot, the new trailer supply store . . . all of them always a treat for boondocks dwellers like us. (Hope my boss believes the wind storm situation; I've missed two days of school because of being snowed in at home this year, but being "wind-ed in" sounds a bit suspect.)

Looking back: In January of this year, after we got everyone at Bish’s up to speed on why our Montana had been there since July of 2007 and what work was to be done to it, Bish’s was on top of the problem immediately and did not rest until we hitched up to leave the dealership today. The employees couldn’t have been nicer—Cindy Reese, Service Department manager, Janet LePray (Service Department), Wayne Whitmill (service tech) . . . everyone there made sure all questions were answered and that the work was done to our satisfaction. Our original service order done when we left the Monty there in July had gotten lost, a problem that snowballed into the months of waiting and wondering why our rig was still sitting on Bish’s lot, waiting for service. Now, the problem has been taken care of to our satisfaction.

Would we buy again from Bish’s? Yes, we would. The dealership is extremely busy, which we think is a good sign. Customers we saw seemed happy and pleased with the work they’d had done and the service they’d received. We saw all kinds of rigs in the service bays or coming in for service or in the lot where rigs are parked when the work is complete. The employees still reflect the same upbeat, positive attitude that attracted us to Bish’s when we bought our rig. Miscommunication was the heart of the problem we experienced. No more—we are more than satisfied.

We’ll be at the 7 Feathers rally. See you there!
Carolyn & Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote