View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
No Internet, No Landline Phone, Aaaaargh!

I waited at home most of the day for the telephone people to come move our phone/DSL line approximately 50 yards from our Monty, where we've lived for a year, to the new house. (Not ready to leave the RV.) At 3:00, I called to be sure the guys were coming; we'd been on the schedule for over a month for today's service. Oops. Not coming. I was told, "I'm sorry. The men said it will be a couple of weeks before they get out there. They have to dig a trench to the new house, and right now they don't have a trencher on hand." Duh. You KNOW you're living in the boondocks when your tiny local phone company doesn't even have a trencher on hand, right?

So, in the morning, when we hitch up and take the Monty to Idaho Falls and leave it for some warranty work, we will lose our internet and phone connection. After I unplug the phone and computer and pull the connections out of the window, I'm going to wrap the end connections in plastic and hope that I can take my laptop and a chair out to the pole where all the cables are, plug in, and check the MOC postings. I'm already having withdrawal!

On the bright side, I'll have a lot of new MOC posts to read if I have to wait "a couple of weeks" to have internet access again.

See you down the internet road! (We hope to SEE and MEET a lot of you at the 7 Feathers rally next June.)
Wayne and Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote