View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 07:46 AM   #26
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
DonPD,

We are pulling the 3400RL with Ford PSD F250. I have installed a power chip, trans and egt temp gauges, a auxilliary transmission cooler and air bags. All and all it is a great combination although I am pushing the weight limit. It tows like a dream. As some have said I check the mirror occasionally to make sure it is still back there. Adding the air bags was the best thing I've done to improve the tow. Although I only "squat" about 2 inches I get that back by adding 40 to 60 psi on the air bags. I originally had them installed without a compressor, but quickly learned that I needed one and intalled it myself. I often find myself changing the air pressure for different road conditons and loads such as a full tank of fuel or when having dry camped and through the process, the fresh water from the tanks to the rear has now become waste water in the forward tanks. The transmission cooler was also a very simple addition. We recently traveled from eastern Washington to western Washington over a couple of mountain passes and never saw anything above 175 degrees. The temps on the west side of the stae were in the 80's and on the east side a degree or two on either side of 100.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DonPd

I am looking at the 3400RL now. Both my wife and I like the floorplan. The only this that I worry about is can I tow it with a 2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel quad cab short box. I will be new to RVing. Also, I don't have a hitch installed, any ideas would be welcomed.
thook is offline   Reply With Quote