View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #11
StaceyRN
Established Member

M.O.C. #17786
This is Stacey's other half (Husband of the Boss). I've done some research and found that the Prius can be towed on a dolly; front tires off the road. However, the Prius has a curb weight of 3,000#, plus add the weight of the dolly and total tow weight will be over 3,500#. Plus, we would have to look at the cost of installing a 2" receiver hitch (our 3150 only has a baby receiver) and wiring and a surge brake. I'm trying to convince her this may be a bad idea.
I was a heavy equipment operator in the Air Force (many moons ago) and have experience driving semi's, but have never driven a triple. Our previous rig was a 2000 Aerolite 8524SL 5th wheel behind a 2007 F-150 with the small V-8. One trip over the Rockies to Utah and back with that combination convinced me to stay in the flatlands until we had a biggerv tow vehicle.
One more winter here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for me before I retire in May; can't come soon enough. We'll do some fall camping to get to know our Montana then store it (inside) until Stacey takes her first contract in February.
Thanks for the warm welcome; I'm sure we'll be looking for more input as we go along.

Lance (USAF, Ret)
StaceyRN is offline   Reply With Quote