View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Auxiliary Fuel Tank

I have a 2008 F250 SB with a ReTrax rolling hard cover. This cover retracts into a box that is mounted in the bed against the cab. It extends down into the truck bed about one foot and sticks out into the bed about 10 inches. This leaves about a 9 1/2 inch cavity below the box.

I have been trying to find an auxiliary fuel tank to put into the bed that would let me utilize this wasted space. I have found several "L" shaped tanks that I could turn around backwards and let the lower foot of the "L" stick up under the bed cover box. But, when I do this it puts the filler cap on the end of the tank towards the passenger side. I have not found a manufacturer that is willing to take one of their tanks and manufacture it with the filler cap on the other end of the tank.

I have an above deck 18 gallon Moeller Boating Topside Fuel Tank that would just slide under the top cover box where I could lash it down at both ends to the tie down points in the front of the truck bed. Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether this would be OK to use. Are there any restriction to using a plastic tank like this in a truck?

Buddy
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote