View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #18
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I cannot provide much about dog grooming. I understand the business aspect. Anytime you charge a fee it is a business transaction. As in any business you need a business plan and structure. I would recommend useing all the questions about bathing and clipping to how you are going to adress all the aspects of grooming. There are the logistics, where will you resupply (online perhaps) there is the water and electricty, and waste water. The CG owners rightfully will want to be compensated. I highly recomend keeping records for taxes. Understanding cash transactions is untraceable but what you buy is. A portfolio is useful to show off your work. And before you put up a flyer, you could come into local permit issues. I certainly am not trying to discourage you from starting the business, quite the contrary. But it needs to be done in a way that covers you legally and yet not too complicated. There may be places to refrain completely due to local laws. There is an absolute fact that not everyone can be satisfied, and some people that are unsatisfied will pick up the phone and call anyone than cause problems ie: licenses and taxes. I do not know the rules for "Hobby" businessess but this is likely an option for you. I know that many many businesses go out as soon as they get started, and often end up paying taxes and penalties years after they quit. PM me if you want some more info. I hope you work out the details and become sucessful at your venture.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote