View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 07:02 PM   #210
OzMonties
Established Member

M.O.C. #22325
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMOTraveler View Post
Ok Pat you’ve got my curiosity up.
What’s the Isuzu going to cost if you don’t mind and also what’s the dollar conversion.
I have a brother in law in New Zealand and seems like an expensive place to live.
We just started our travels and loving it, safe travels!
Part 2.

I’m doing this in parts as I keep getting logged out and I’m losing my One finger typed, epic replies to the ether!

So the truck has a Stonking Big turbo diesel, a shifterless Allison trans and a locking differential, bullet proof driveline, tick.
Lots of options for wheelbase, tick.
Already has airbrakes, no need to modify anything, tick.
24v electrics, have to fit a 24/12v step down transformer plus an inverter, minor inconvenience.
Touchscreen stereo unit, commercial gps, a proper GPS too, not that ridiculous thing that relies on phone network coverage. We have a small population separated by vast distances with no network coverage, gotta be proper GPS. The one fitted to the truck is a true commercial vehicle type which you can program with you’re rig height, width and length and it will warn of low bridges for example,,,,,tick.
Drivers ISRI air suspension seat is standard, but I’ll upgrade them to leather, powered air seats.
I’ll fit a long range fuel tank and a potable water tank.
A bull bar for the kangaroos, camels and cattle to Hopefully bounce off of if they can’t be avoided in time..
A lockable second cab behind the main cab for tools and Stuff.
Storage for a black tank tote tank.

The to do list is long, but will make for a comfy truck, the rear of the crew cab seats 4 on fold down seating, (I’m told I’m buying a crew cab for when the grandkids come camping in their holidays) so there’s storage options there as well as room for the dog.

It should be fun

As usual, any questions,,,,
OzMonties is offline   Reply With Quote