Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
riverrat6601

M.O.C. #18194

Hello fellow owners,

My wife and I just got our first 5er after two years of searching. Budget, size and brand took me so long. I have towed many other types of trailers (boat, pop-up, rescue equipment) but never a 5er. I am so glad we waited for the right rig for us. Tows great!

We got a very well taken care of private party from 1st owners 2006 2955rl with aftermarket 7000lb axles from Tucson AZ. Custom leather couch in rear that jack knives into a queen bed. Leather euro type chairs and custom table. All this allows us access to the bed/bathroom without any slides going out. King size sleep number. Boy oh boy are we glamping now. Towing it with 2005 Dodge diesel 4x4 quad cab. B&W patriot 18k slider and 46gal additional fuel tank tool box combo. Air bags on truck and airborn hitch. I am amazed it never made a sound even on bumpy roads.

Just wanted to say hello and let everyone know I am open to any advice. Taking it to lake pleasant for a shakedown cruise this weekend. We are not full timers yet as we are still both employed. Sticks and brick home is in Phoenix. Our home on wheels is anywhere I want to go and we love that idea!

Dan and Nikki
riverrat6601 is offline   Reply With Quote