View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We were in Alaska when we bought ours. We looked at Jayco and found one we liked, however, the dealer would not "deal" so we said adios (among some other words). I then saw another RV dealer, (Keystone), on the way home from work one day and stopped in. Walked in this model and called the wife immediately. She came down, looked around, liked it and said "buy it", so like a good husband, I did. This was our first, and probably, our only RV. We have pulled from Alaska to Florida, and Maine to California. We feel we have gotten our moneys worth out of this unit, although, I did have to put quite a bit more into it to make it livable. If I had to do it again, I would look around more, not saying I would not buy another Montana, but we are not the kind to go to RV shows and look around, just to be looking. We decided that we could not do any better than this, for the money. I think it is important to select a brand that has dealerships countrywide as you will probably need much support if you travel alot. We have not had many of the problems as some others have had, except with the Chinese made tires, which we finally got out of last year (see signature). Of course we headed off the suspension problems by going to the MorRyde Independent Suspension, which, in my opinion, is a very worthwhile option if you travel alot, costly, but worth it, in my opinion.

My advice would be to shop around and pick a floor plan, then pick a brand, for, as richfaa says, they are all pretty much the same in this price point area. If you do not pick a floor plan you really like, you will not be satisfied. I think any production RV will have similar problems as many of the parts are the same and they are all competing for the $$$$$.

How's that for not answering your question? It's not just a yes or no thing. Don't get me wrong, we have been very happy with our unit, maybe because we have nothing else to compare it with. Maybe we just don't mind tinkering with it. I have an '06 and am getting the black tank replaced soon. My only MAJOR problem in 4 years. I would also suggest an extended warranty for however long you plan on keeping it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

Good Luck with whatever choice you make!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote