View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #34
mwalton
Established Member

M.O.C. #19168
The short answer is Yes, we like our Montana.

The long answer is generally, yes with some qualified no.
Generally the quality of materials has been reasonably good. The quality of construction is a no; has been what I would expect from a large operation that is banging them out to meet production cycles. I will say our dealer has fixed everything that has been an issue under initial warranty or the Easy Care extended warranty.

Would we buy another? Yes, if we could find a floor plan more conducive to our needs. Cookie cutter approach to floor plan is fine, except I think most of the manufacturers use the same designers, just with different fabric or cabinet colors. So we are likely not destined to buy another Montana.

We are looking at a different brand with a floor plan that meets our needs for our next 5th wheel. We are destined to become full timers in 2019 and want something we'll be happy living in with 2 big dogs. The biggest issue for us is room around the bed, without having too turn sideways and scooch along the wall to literally hop in, or having to step up on the landing for the closet space, or step off and twist your ankle. We sleep in a king bed and won't change that so we've found the one that works for us.

Mark
MOC #19168