View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #8
Susantr
Established Member

M.O.C. #6813
Hi, all! We've been out and about quite a lot with our Mountaineer -- even took the 5 year old grandson with us on a 10 day trip to Texas!

The recliners -- oh, boy! We removed one for the Texas trip, because the hide-a-bed and chairs didn't get along. With one chair we could still squeeze between the bed and the chair.

But, boy! Are those suckers heavy!! And do they ever "move" around. So, Ozz's wheels are intriguing, but even more intriguing is the tie down. How do you do that? Right now, we put ours back to back and kludge a strap to hold them together -- with a blanket between them so they don't rub each other the wrong way.

I'd LOVE to know the way to strap them down to the floor! Is that somehow connected to strapping down the "end" table that goes between them? Do you use the same attachment bars on the floor?

We've got a streak on the wallpaper under the window from the chair(s) rubbing and some dents in the cabinet under the island from the same thing. I'd like to minimize that as much as possible.

And, is there a way to disguise that wallpaper streak where the color has been rubbed off?

Oh, DH just added rope lights around the island this week! We're off to camp tonight so will see how those look. Still trying to figure out how to tie down that lamp, too. Usually put it in the chair, but when we got home last time, the shade had come apart at the seam -- right now, we're trying an adjustable wood clamp, clamping the lamp only to the island. If that rides well, I'll thinkg about putting the shade on it for the trip home.
Susantr is offline   Reply With Quote