View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Jim, I have had more than my fair share of issues with our 06 Mountaineer. You can read about them in my previous posts. I have fixed all but one myself, but I sure was not happy fixing the issues while on a two week vacation with my family. I still have a small shower leak that has not been resolved but I think I will tackle that one myself also when the weather gets cooler here. I just read on another forum today someone bagging on Forest River and all the problems they are having with their fiver. Sounded just like issues people are having here. It's really too bad there doesn't seem to be a better alternative unless you spend really big bucks on something like an Excel or a custom New Horizons. Even with all the issues many folks seem to have, people keep right on buying these units so the manufacturers have no real incentive to improve their product. It's all supply and demand and until there is no longer demand for a shoddy product I think we are stuck with what is being offered in this price range.

Me, "outnumbered" by three red heads...my dear wife
& 2 DD's, plus Sam & Taylor the yellow camping labs.
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4
8.1L big block/Allison
06 Mountaineer 319BHD w/Trailair Pin Box
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote