View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
My local dealer was totally useless. He said I needed to bring the unit to him to order seals. So I hooked it up and took it down there. Then when I told him what I needed, his face immediately reacted when I told him that it was a 2008 rig. Like he didn't want to be bothered. Said there was no telling what was on a rig that old. So he comes out just writes down the VIN. Never looked at the seals or other things I wanted to order. He said that the question was "availability" of parts.

Trekwood will have the parts you need, but I ended up ordering from Elk Mountain instead after Trekwood wanted $45-60 in shipping for some slide-out seals I was going to order.

Oh, and I have yet to hear back from the dealer on price or availability and that was four days ago.

This forum is still the best source of information I've found. When I call local dealer or repair shop they usually do the Three Stooges routine and point to each other. Like when I was asking about which seals to order. Both said to bring it to them. One said call Keystone... one said call Lippert...

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote