View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #32
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Hey all,
Well, made it to the Eagles Roost Campground in Lake Park, GA. Only about 5 hours from St. Pete now. It was a VERY rough morning! I tried keeping the heat low like I said I was going to do because of the carpet fume situation. I put a small heater by Connors cage so she would stay warm, and left the fireplace heat on medium. I kept waking up every hour or so to check on her, and the later it got, again the worse my throat felt.

I got up this morning, went next door to my friends motorhome to have coffee, and had to run outside to get sick. Connor was also acting very odd and lethargic. Scared me REALLY bad!!! So, tonight Connor is going to sleep at my friends RV, and I'm going to air this place out. I kept the windows open the entire time I was driving again today also. Once we get down to warmer weather, I can open up everything and air it out really good. But I can't risk loosing Connor, she's my whole world. I still have allergy/flu symptoms from this stuff. I'll tell ya, if this caused me to lose Connor, I would sue every single place associated with this carpeting!! It's not right that they don't warn people about the severity of these chemicals. God only knows what this has done to my lungs and respiratory system, let alone Connor's.

Okay, enough whining. Everything else has gone pretty good. I LOVE the heated throne room...LOL My old TT didn't have that, and I would FREEZE my buns (tee hee) off having to go in there in the middle of the night. I think they could use a little more ingenuity regarding the vent for the bedroom though. It just tends to blow right up into the blanket cover on the bed. Een tucking it in doesn't really help because of the mattress size. So Keystone, whats up wit dat??

Glenn and Lorraine, I'll be all over the St. Pete area. I'll be doing an "in search of" for a campground to stay at once we get down there. We're going to check out the Woodall's book in the morning to see what's down that way. If y'all have any suggestions...feel free to jump in with them!! Doing lunch or breakfast sounds good...once I get settled in, I'll PM y'all and we'll set something up.

I guess this is long enough for now. I feel like I'm writing in a diary...LOL I know I'm gonna really love this Monty, just as soon as I can stay in it without getting ill...LOL Later...

Jan (The brats mom)
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote