View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #25
Montana_5204

M.O.C. #5204
We've been full timing (24/7/365) since Oct '04 & bought our Montana ('05 2980RL) in March '05. We've had quite a few problems. Most were not major or structural, but very bothersome. The wireless, remote control thermostat was a complete disaster (it took 8 months to get that replaced). We've traveled across the country twice and our truck ('05 F250) which we got in Nov '04, has 29K miles already. I've had the trailer into 4 different dealers, plus spent 3 days in Goshen at the warranty service center, and finally got almost all of it fixed. But I had to keep hammering on them to get them to fix stuff. It was like pulling teeth. The individual dealers don't want to bother with you unless you bought the unit from them. At every single dealer I visited, the first question is "Did you buy it here?" Finally, after 10 months, four dealers & 3 days in Goshen & countless phone calls, things are smoothing out a bit. I've also been dissapointed with fit & finish & initial quality issues (overtightened, stripped screws, poorly fitting cabinets, etc.). We researched trailers a long time B4 we got this one, but after the bad experiences I'm not convinced it will last as long as I hoped it would. The carpet is already beginning to show some wear, and it's only 10 months old. I guess time will tell, but I don't have a lot of confidence at this point. If you are having trouble with your wireless, remote control thermostat, they will replace it if you keep hitting them over the head about it. B.C.
Montana_5204 is offline   Reply With Quote