View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #48
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Jim,

That is exactly what we did. We had talked about fulltiming for a couple of years. Hadn't really planned to do anything until we retired, but long story short, a good friend of ours who wanted to fulltime with her husband died unexpectedly; she was 44. It didn't take long for us to realize that life was too short to wait to see what retirement would bring.

I left the Army at the end of my enlistment (14 years active duty). I qualify for a Reserve pension, but not until I am sixty. Karen was able to transfer to Florida, but is now enjoying "retirement" for a few months. We sold the house and gave the kids their inheritance early.

You don't have to workkamp. There are several companies that will allow an employee the opportunity to transfer from one place to another. Those that I know of are The Home Depot, Walmart, Walgreen, and CVS pharmacies. I work for The Home Depot and transfer back and forth between Florida and Illinois right now, because we still have to work.

We aren't independently wealthy, but do we love this lifestyle, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!! Like I have said before, we feel like we are on an extended vacation although we are limited in our pulling adventures for the time being. We wouldn't trade this lifestyle for anything in the world!!!

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote