View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #52
civilengineer42
Established Member

M.O.C. #22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I have Allstate. I ask my agent if I towed an overweight camper was I covered? She called Allstate and ask, yes you are covered. If you speed, run a stop sign, drive drunk you are covered. They can’t pick and choose when to cover you or they would never cover anything.
Lynwood
Geico told me it would be considered Negligence on my part, and would not cover my personal loss. If another person was involved they would cover my Liability in that case. They have no choice there. But they could turn around and sue me if it was proven the accident was directly caused by the failing to abide by the guide lines set forth by the truck/trailer manufacturing company. It is a very slippery slope. The advice I got from my Son who is a Lawyer and my personal Lawyer is ditch the 2500 and get a 3500 and avoid any risk of litigation if something was to happen. This is just what I was advised of, and it was also stated all it takes is a civil Lawyer to get involved if they were injuries legitimate or not. It is no different than if it was a CDL truck, if they can prove the accident was caused by the fact you were overweight. Been in Heavy Highway Construction too long......Been there and done that......

Just my experience.....I hate Insurance Companies and Lawyers.....
6.7L Cummins-Aisin Transmission 3:73 Rear Gears
civilengineer42 is offline   Reply With Quote