View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Fresh water tank supports

I was worried about the quality of the fresh water tank supports, so I pulled the rear Coroplast down to take look. I'm pleased to report that my tank has good support; I have no problem traveling with it full.

The tank is rectangular and has angle irons that run between the rear frame rails under the lone edges of the tank. Between these angle irons are three 2" metal straps. After the Coroplast is in place, two more steel channels run between the frame rails under the tank.

The first photo is of my tank as installed. The second photo is from the factory tour showing the cradle before the tank is installed.

My next project will be to check the wast tanks. I know that the galley gray water tank is mounting with supports under the lips in top of the tank; not the best. I don' know about the black tank or bath gray tank. I'm not as concerned about those because I seldom travel far with them full. Still, I gotta find out!

I also took photos of the tank heater and the level up sensor if any needs those.

PS: Gotta love the wiring and hydraulic lines. There is enough extra wire and hoses up there for two trailers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-03 18.12.11 -2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1766   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6710 Fresh Water Tank Cradle -2.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	1767  
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote