Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #150
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
OK I actually stop by the dealership this morning. I talked to the service manager and service engineer. It was explained that they found metal when they removed the oil filter and the oil color was not normal. They also hooked it to their scanner and check everything. They noticed a couple of injectors were in need of reprogramming(?). They only removed the oil filter to check this after listening to the knocking noise in the engine was making. It sounds like the NorthWest service manager who happened to be there last Thursday was not happy that I was told to continue driving the truck by the first dealership. They are waiting for Ford corporate to make a decision on how to fix the problem. I talked about not really being happy to have a brand new pick up and having to have a new motor or rebuilt motor being installed in my new truck. There was some discussion of a possible Ford buy back and getting me another brand new truck. All of this is just preliminary talking or negotiating as this is only speculation until Ford corporate tries to decide what they need to do.
As a sidenote another sales person came up and said that he had a box that was supposed to be with the pickup and it happens to be the trailer camera and wiring.
There was also some discussion on a loaner truck 17 f-350 SRW for my use while getting my problem resolved.

Tom Marty