View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #27
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Agree. I bought my 1st set and had rv dealer install them before i drove off the lot. I just bought my 2nd set in February and had local tire shop install. I bought both sets at simple tire with no problem. While people are worrying about there tires they should also be worrying about there wheels. I've had 2 wheels in 2 years crack with the sailun's on them. The sailun's seem to be tougher than the wheels.Needless to say, i replaced all 4 wheels with Hi-Spec wheels and hope they will be ok now. If you are worrying about not being able to get sailun's then do like me and carry an extra mounted steel wheel
spare. I don't worry about the tires, i worry about the wheels. Wheels can be harder to find in an emergency than tires especially if you are looking for an matched wheel. Now if i have a tire problem i don't worry. I just install one spare and hopefully i won't have any more problem's before i get home and i can address the problem then.
Although I bought my Sailun's locally, I would have ordered from Simple Tire if necessary. I don't care if someone doesn't want them, thats great, but don't make it sound like they are hard to get, because they are not.

They have become a very popular RV tire, and have a stellar reputation with a very reasonable price.

So far my old wheels on my 2008 3400 RL have held up well with two sets of G rated tires.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote