Thread: 2014 Big Sky
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #8
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by K0LCB

We have a 2013 3750FL. It is front living room. I like having 2 doors, lounge in front and bedroom in rear. I think the rear bedroom is a safety feature.
Well said safety first with 2 doors and 40 ft of trailer. The 3750 has it detractors because of passing through bath to get to bedroom. 3850 fixed that for those with the issue. Now the other side of argument. We don't have many guests and the pass through bath is no issue. In addition the 3750 retains the larger bathroom. Hallways take up room. The 3750 has the bed in the larger slide. You can't hear bathroom noise if sleeping. Your head is far enough out the slide for comfort. The 3850 has a slide door into bedroom. That means, your going to hear bathroom noise. We did not want a slide door (pocket door) in any floor plan we considered. Smaller bath, more potential noise is trade off. We love the 3750 layout, especially the large out of the way dinette slide. Last point, even Big Sky's have decals if I am not mistaken, and they show chips more really than solid Gel Coat? All other Big Sky items were available on our unit, with just paint delete option. Btw. I like the paint on the Big Sky, especially since the White Gel color is gone. Good luck it's all a matter of what you want! We do like the 3750 style floor plan, featured in the RV that's named after a tree indigenous to the Humbolt Forrest. It has larger kitchen, but retains pass through bath. We are in hope that Big Sky, adopts that floor plan!

Remember G rated tires is an option on all units!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote