Thread: New 3791RD
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #20
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
We looked at all the options when we got our 3791RD. I thought the rear cap was a nice visual improvement but was not available on the 3790/91. The wireless rear camera would be great to have as were the day/night roller shades. The In-Command Control System leaves a chill up my spine. I've worked on touch control appliances for at least the last 25 years and nothing gets in the way more than computer controls doing what simple analog switches and buttons can do. A huge money maker for manufacturers. It actually has gotten to the point that control boards and touchpads sometimes need to be sent back for rebuilding thus completely disabling the appliance while removed. Ask yourself how long you want to be without the functions they do? Also the power cord reel.... does it make the electrical connection or is it just storage? If it makes the connection, could be a big source of failure. Do you want voltage issues? The last thing in the list was Solid Hardwood Cabinet Framing. That could look really nice. Of the 15+ 5th wheels we explored, all of them looked nice inside. Didn't and don't know what all of them had for trim but all looked good. We opted to save some coin so did not get the extra stuff. Generator, Legacy Package, or Full Body Paint. At the retail level, that can add $20k to the price tag. We stuck with the base model and I suspect that our camping experiences will not be impacted.
Just to add a couple of points to this response, you can buy a nice observation camera that matches up with the camera prep for around $350 (temporarily out of stock at Amazon). Etrailer.com also has this model. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2G41S9KB19XAA.

Shades can also be added and you can choose the colors and styles for reasonable prices. MORryde makes a nice cord reel that can be purchased at Amazon for less than $150. I have had one and it does the job and is easy to install. It's a "reel" space saver! LOL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

The rest of the Legacy package is merely fluff IMO and way overpriced.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote