View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
F3Fifty we stayed at Fishing Bridge for 5 days last September during our maiden voyage with our Monty. We LOVED the location because of how central it was to the ENTIRE park. We went to all but one of the entrances and we drove down to the Grand Teton's for a day trip. However, if you have never stayed there I want to caution you about a few things just so you are prepared. I will give you the good, the bad, and the ugly(based on our 5 day stay and in our opinion of course).

Our rig is a 3100RL and is about 36' (if I remember correctly). They have spots for 40' rigs and 35-39'. I would highly recommend one of the 40' spots. In the pictures below we are in one of their 35-39' spots because we weren't planning on buying a new trailer and they were sold out of the 40' when we did.

The GOOD:

1. It is very near to a store(very nice), gas station, a ranger station, a mechanic (which we ended up using and they were great), and Lake Lodge if you want to have a nice dinner.
2. It is very quiet, or at least it was during September and I think May would be about the same
3. It is fairly cheap
4. Great service at the entrance and they have all of the park services right there for your convenience.
5. Full hookup! Everything worked great!

The BAD:
1. FB is more like a parking lot than an RV Park. It was designed a long time ago for the people who towed their RV with a station wagon (like an airstream type). The whole idea is that you are not going to be spending a lot of time at your campsite. You are going to be seeing the sites of YNP.
2. Because it is more like a parking lot spaces are VERY close together. In some cases you may not even be able to lower your awning.
3. Lots of tight spots but there are LOTS of the HUGE rigs that stay here and were able to move around and even get in and out with a TOAD behind them.
4. Not the nicest looking spot(again...it is more like a parking lot)

THE UGLY:
1. For us, our first time with our new rig, it was a little difficult to navigate. However, it was our fault. We arrived VERY LATE (i.e. 11PM), to a park that has very little lighting and we had very little experience parking a 5th wheel. You pull down a road and then back in to your spot. However our spot had trees on both sides so it was hard to get such a long rig into such a spot. That is why I recommend the larger spots.
So really there isn't any UGLY...except our lack of experience!

I have heard that this year they are remodeling some of the site to make it more convenient for the bigger rigs. I do not know when that will happen.

For safety sake you are not allowed to leave any food or anything outside your rig at night because of the bears and bison that tend to walk right through the camp!

These are pictures from our 5 day stay.

I hope that helps! Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have. We really enjoyed our stay there. Many people told us we would hate it and that was NOT the case at all.
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote