View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
The 08 Chevy has a 2" deeper bed than the 05. I suspect the Ford may also be deeper than previous models. When I raised my hitch all the way up it would still hit the rails and also made the rig ride high in the front which has its own issues. Some trucks especially the dually 4x4s have tall bed heights which also contributes to the problem. There are several reasons why it is hard to address the issue without the nip fix in some cases.
The actual fix would be for Lippert and Keystone to get together and design the frame to accept the shorter pin box. This would fix it. I asked about the pin box lengths at the Texas Rally back in March and the answer was that each model is designed with a pin box length which is best for that model. That is a shortened version of the offical answer. Timandsusan posted the official answer from the Keystone Rep David and I can't seem to find it in my search.
I don't know what would happen if one was to put the shorter pin box on a 2955 that comes with the longer pin box. I don't think I would be the one to test it without some serious measuring.
Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote