View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #31
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
sorry steve I missed seeing your post and question. During the incident (while smoke is being generated in the bedroom TV) no breakers anywhere tripped. Once I manually cut power, I removed the surge guard from the power pole. Plugged in the power cord from the unit to the pole with no protective devices in use. As soon as I closed the pole breaker it tripped (although I thoght I hadn't fully closed it and it poped back open via the spring) AND the unit main tripped. Since the unit main tripped I was able to close the pole breaker on the second try (no draw since main in the unit was tripped - I just didn't know it). When I went back into the unit after closing the pole breaker found I had no AC. At that point I found the unit Main tripped as well as the converter and hot water heater. I closed the converter and hotwater heater breakers. Closing the main then immediately tripped the main and the pole breakers again. I had to leave the converter breaker open in order to close both main and pole and restore power to the unit. hope that clears it up.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote