View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Thanks for the input guys!

As I previously mentioned (not including the low-profile models), the pricing from PPLMotorhomes.com site (not including shipping or sales tax) is:

Carrier: $508 - smaller roof footprint, 94#, 2 speed motor, front, back, and down airflow, 2 yr. warranty.

Coleman: $509 - wider footprint on roof (not a big deal), 108#, 2 speed motor, front and back airflow, 2 yr. warranty.

Duo Therm: $535 - approximately same footprint on roof as Coleman, 96#, 3 speed motor, front and back airflow, 3 yr. warranty.

I have not yet priced out the low profile units (they do cost more) as my height measurements indicated that the aftermarket vent covers I have installed will still be higher than the full sized units. I do plan on taking the measurements again to confirm I will be less than the 13' 6" height limitation for Texas highways.

Perhaps you are right Gyro. Each of the units have their "own" look - both internally and externally. Since I have not heard any "wish I hadn't done that" stories so far, perhaps looks may in fact win out.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote