Thread: Anderson Hitch
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
I looked at all the options when my trailer was on-order. B&W 20k, Anderson, and the 20k Goosebox. I ran the 16k Goosebox on my previous trailer for 4 years. It was nice to use the gooseneck ball and have a free bed. The issue I had was getting enough lift in some situations to raise the coupler above the ball and then get the trailer to level after you ran out of jack. This was on an electric front jack. The majority of the time I camp in off-level areas. This was a consideration. The Anderson is the same concept but up higher up off the bed. You still have to raise the trailer 3-4 inches after the weight is off the truck to clear the ball. I also didn't like the Anderson coupler that clamps to the pinbox if you run their coupler reversed for a long bed. My brother has the Anderson and had to modify it to use the Ford pucks to keep it from spinning around in the bed.

After all that, I went with the B&W. It breaks in half for removal with almost equal weight on each half. I'm young so it's not that hard to remove.