View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
Dsull
Established Member

M.O.C. #23083
We only camp at a campground once a year for our reunion. Everything else is boondocking. Most of the camping we do is on BLM land, or places like Dumont that don't have hookups. When we had our class C I think I used Hookups about once outside of our reunion. We sold the coach thinking of going to a 5ver 4 years ago, but with my work requiring travel we just tented it. Now that I'm staying in town, we started camping once or twice a month on the weekends in addition to the 7-8 time a year we have planned extended trips. The kids would live in it if I let them.

I purchased the monty in November, and we've already been out 6 times, including the week in Dumont. With the furnace going I've been running my little honda generator at night to keep the batteries charged. Hoping with the 4 to 6 6-volts, the solar array, and the inverter, I won't have to run a generator until I need A/C in the summer if I get talked into camping where it's hot.

Fireguy, thanks for your input. I am taking my time over the next 2 months to get everything installed properly, and spreading out some of the purchases to avoid further sticker shock to the DW. Currently I have the trailer in the RV garage torn apart to fix some of the wiring, add insulation to the tanks, and other odds and ends. Our next big trip is to Moab in March and I'm hoping to have it done by then.

The previous threads have been most informative. I'm just wanting to make sure there's nothing new that would be worth putting in.

Thanks Guys!

Dsull is offline   Reply With Quote