View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
OK I have been following this Thread and I admit I am confused. The usual wiring for the self resetting CBs starts with the battery cable to the supply side of the RIGHT CB. Another cable continues from there to the LEFT CB connecting to that CB's supply side. The load side of the the left CB feeds the pump and the main 12V line to the fuse panel. Here is a pic of this setup.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - JS breaker before pic 3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	5172

There was a discussion earlier about all this albeit it centered around the 12V supply to the inverter. See http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=78438

So in this Thread there is the following pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post

Not being able to see the right side of the 89 amp breaker doesn't help see what all is connected. But regardless, the big red wire with the yellow crimp is the feed to the converter/fuse panel. It is not protected by the old 40 amp CB. That CB is what is usually on the right side. It appears from the screw hole in the back wall, the left CB has been removed and the new 80 amp CB was installed to the right of the old 40 amp CB.

That big red wire with the yellow crimp should connect to the load side of the left CB (now the 80 amp one). In the process of the move, did the big red wire with the yellow crimp get disconnected and accidentally moved to old 40 amp breaker?

It definitely needs to be connected to the load side of the 80 amp CB.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote