View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 03:15 AM   #21
guru1961
Established Member

M.O.C. #4540
Send a message via Yahoo to guru1961
Good post Richfaa! As the owners of a 2014 Big Sky Montana with "unsurpassed hot weather comfort" according to the brochure that came with this hunk of...well fiberglass/metal. Our unit will maintain 80 degrees when it gets 90...and 85 when it gets 95...and 88 when it gets 100. Similiar conditions as you described...no shade...ours is pointed west so most of the sun is beating down on top during the heat of the day. Had both AC's units tested (working fine according to techs) and took temp readings at vents - 58 air at LR vent and 60 air at BR vent on 93 degree outside day. We have also installed insulation wrap on all windows & door & skylight. Very little difference. Keystone has took the position - unit is not defective. Working as designed. I am considering adding a 3rd 15k btu AC to the kitchen area since my selling dealer nor Keystone will even consider testing the unit for comfort! We got what we got - which is...well I think all know what I am thinking. I have considered trading unit for SOB - but we would be so upside down it wouldn't be worth it. We will just suffer with this inferior product until we can get something better. You can bet your sweet biffy it won't be anything from Thor or K.stone. We were pleased with our 2006 Montana 3400RL and are amazed at the quality dropoff since then. Night and day--oh yea AC's work great after dark!
guru1961 is offline   Reply With Quote