View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #31
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
Your experience mirrors mine Wicked1. The CS rep at Keystone told me that the RV industry is not regulated in any way, so they do what they want. My dealer is frustrated because they're forced to tell me a problem that happens 60 days after purchase is mine to personally repair or pay a dealer to repair; simply because it's an adjustment. I'm sick of the 'loyal' MT owners who say they're handy so it's easier to just fix it themselves - PLEASE, fix mine too. If the factory Does Not Care then change is in order - buy a Solitude; same floorplans & built better, similar pricing, but made like Montanas were years back. Started by the 3 businessmen who started the Montana line in the late 1990s. Oh wait, they now make the Solitude to a higher standard. That's why we see their growing presence on the road each year. Brand loyalty is one thing but, please don't make life difficult for yourself just to be loyal. I'm not embarrassed to tell my friends that my most recent purchase is a POS. I've owned 7 Montanas, now I'm done. My 2020 3720RL is my last Montana. Things I've fixed included replacing a faulty door entry handle and acquiring a cover for the disc brake reservoir (safety items). Here is my repair list after I fixed 6 items because dealers want a 3-4 month lead time.
The carpet under the bedroom slide is coming loose.
The vinyl flooring has bubbles in the laundry/bathroom hallway.
The bedroom door latch constantly is getting stuck so the door does not catch.
The bathroom hot water faucet is very squeaky.
The sliding pocket bathroom door gets hung up.
The rear sofa window blind is mounted off-center and needs to be centered.
The rear window sun-screen shade has distracting manufacturing defects - just ask my wife.
The blind on the small dinette side window does not open completely.
One recliner arm is loose and the cheap LR furniture is rapidly deteriorating. We need new furniture - the High Country Sofa and Theatre Seating looks like better quality.
The folding dinette chairs have staples poking through the fabric.
The smudges on the woodwork and walls are ugly and need to be removed (a special solvent is needed).
Many finish staples are showing and not covered at all.
The rear end cap has a white film on it that is difficult to remove. It’s in the deep grooves and must be a factory applied finishing compound. Was it damaged and repaired at the factory? A piece of the end cap fell off - really?!
The Awning LED light strip is coming loose from its attachment.
The Right Fender has come loose. During the first 1050 freeway miles, most of the screws came loose which caused this damage. I had to make a temporary repair. No washer repair acceptable, only quality workmanship.
The awnings squeak and chatter - lubing them does not help AND "it's an adjustment."
Squeaking Window with damaged frame next to left recliner.
Recliner/dinette Slide screeches when extending/retracting - it's mine to own.
Corner trim piece fell off of TV slide.
The bedroom TV arm is loose.
Slides are very squeaky. X3
Sealant missing on the right side under the slide.
Screen door leaks and is mounted about 1" too high - go figure.
Poorly installed Cable attachment is damaging the bedroom slide trim.
The entry steps rub when opening/closing.
These are still a partial list. I believe my rig was built on a Friday at midnight after happy-hour... Ha. Make that at Happy Hour. LOL
Let's be honest - Montana seems to be synonymous with Crap these days. All this after just 1050 miles.
The RV industry is fighting RV Lemon Laws - they want to keep on doing it to us - research Illinois RV Lemon Laws.
There are lawyers now who are going to bat for us - it's a sad situation.
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote