Thread: Heat pump issue
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #27
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Regarding voltage, I have an EMS and am on 50 amp service. I've checked this during the phases where I've had an issue and there was no issue with the current.

Regarding thermostat zoning, my primary thermostat is in the living room. Zone one controls the primary AC, Fan, Furnace and Heat Pump. Zone 2 is my 3rd AC (installed in the kitchen where the MaxxFan originally was.) This only controls the AC and fan of that unit.

Our bedroom (front bedroom) has a separate thermostat for the 2nd factory installed AC. This only controls AC and fan for that unit. It has a 'heat' option, but it's not hooked up to anything. (This seems to be true for many front bedroom owners.)

I've taken to using the heat pump during the day and switching it to furnace before we go to bed. I'd like to use the pump at night while the weather is still warmish, but after we woke up to a 55 degree unit, I changed that plan.