View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 03:08 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
RL,

Charlie's diagram shows a change made in 2004 (5/1/2004) and is quite different than my 2003. Your 2004 could be either way depending on when it was manufactured.

It appears from Charlie's diagram, the outside connection serves both for cable and satellite. If using cable, the signal is sent to both TVs as you typically do not need a receiver. If using satellite, you have to remove the jumper to be able to put the reciever in the living room.

My 2003 has an outside cable connection/telephone at the back by the city water connect, and a separate outside satellite connection in front of the slide. The cable connection goes to both TVs directly, and the satellite goes directly to the living room TV. I don't have any jumpers to remove.

http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL152.../199926454.jpg

I guess if I had the newer version, I would add a new outside satellite connection near the living room TV for the receiver, and leave the cable connection intact with the jumper. I like having the option of using the RV park cable when they have it and not set up the dish. I wouldn't want to have to remove and reinstall the jumper each time I switched systems.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote