View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #50
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Phil P. Thanks for the additional information. I will inquire to progressive as to by what criteria they establish "normal condition" I would say that progressive or any other insurance company could use the "improper assembly" term for most any Rv brand. I will note that we had 5v holding tanks leak and replaced .One under the OEM warranty that Keystone paid for and four under the extended warranty and the adjustors'" for that company did not determine "Improper assembly". They did inquire if there had been any "modifications" If it was OEM it appears they had no problem.

I am a curious person and my previous training in problem solving tell me I need to have all the data from all sources to make a reasonable d etermionation as to what the problem is and how to solve it.

Add on. We all know that the service center in Goshen is the KEYSTONE service center not the MONTANA service center. They handle calls for all keystone brands all models ,that is a bunch. The service center tech's are not engineers they do attend a school to certify them as service tech by the certificates we see at the service center. Some have been there for a long time others not so long. The service center tech"s are in the same building as the service center but not real near the factory or the assembly line. I would not expect them to be experts on every keysone brand and model.

There have been personnel changes at the service center since the last rally. Darrell Turner, service writer and the person we all had the most direct contact with over the years has moved on. We have not yet met the person who took over. Randy Mast, Title Customer service manager is a person many of us have met. I am not familiar with the name mentioned "Holms" he may be a regional guy. There is a Matt at the service center and he is a service tech .We have met him.

That they 'do not cross reference the problem may be a significant problem to the "we never heard on that "reply. I do know that they can call up the VIN number and give a history of that VIN. I do know that when they call up my VIN to refresh their memory so that we are all on the same page when talking all the information is there.

There are many things I do not know but the information provided here has given me guidance on what questions to ask.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote