Old 07-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

Quote:
quote:.
Confused as I often am, you indicate both insurance companies indicated to you all the work being done was the result of improper assemble at the manufacturer.

My question(s) are: do you have Geico and Progressive insuring your rig? Would not insurance companies stating improper assemble, deny your claim and refer you back to manufacturer, warranty or no warranty. What insurance adjuster would relate such a statement to an insured in the first place? Just askin'?? Tks
Hi

A couple of adjuster that was in the facility doing “hidden damage” reports on collision damage to units that had nothing to do with me. The facility owner had them talk to me. You are very correct had my unit been involved in some kind of incident that would have required the insurance company to examine my unit for repairs they would not have paid for any of the work I was having performed because it was all the result of improper assembly at time of manufacturer.

I am self insured except for Liability so I would only get involved with an insurance adjuster if someone else damaged my RV.

You are very correct. The discussion was one between friends and they did inform me that many times they have to inform the owner that they will not pay for the major portion of a repair because most of the cost would be to repair the results of the improper assembly of the unit. They do pay for the portions that would be repaired because of the actual collision.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote