View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I don't know if anyone remembers my Michelin tire stories on my '06 Ford, but it is sure making me think twice about using them in my future.

When not towing I used to deflate all around from 65/75 to 55/60 so that when the truck was not loaded it didn't bounce around as much when driving around. After the third tire in the set separated (they all had the same original datecode, I stopped the deflating/inflating procedure and so far no problems so all tires are kept at maximum pressure. But three tires are newer and one of the remaining two are still with me (one was the spare and not as worn as the other four and is on the truck, and the fifth is now a now hanging under the truck as the spare that is old but seems okay for the current spare.

While the symptoms or configureation are not the same, it just goes to show that tires are not flawless even with adequate care. All three tires failed with the tread separation, no bubbles and I don't believe I was mistreating them.

In any case, it seems we are better educated, better prepared and able to handle most tire situations. Good luck to all of youse...
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote