View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We've stayed at French Camp a number of times. It is so weird. Here they have a really nice RV park and make it somewhat difficult to get into the sites because of rocks and trees placed very near the entrance turning points! The site are plenty wide. And if you're lucky you'll get a chance to swing into your site easily. We always end up having to pull way forward and then backing up for exact positioning. The sites are no harder to get into than the ones at Shasta!

It is a very nice park. A bit pricey and during busy season it helps to have a reservation.

Sue we've also stayed at the Sugar Barge RV park on Bethel Island. It is a nice park and is about 35 miles from Benicia. Of course you're familiar with the Bay area traffic so I don't need to say anything about that.

About the same distance north and east of Benicia just north of Vacaville is Neil's Vineyard RV park. Another nice park located in a grove of eucalyptus. It is also about 35 miles from Benicia.

Either way you have a bit of a drive but as you know there simply aren't many RV parks in the Bay area. If I remember correctly there is a park right near Benicia near the bridge. But we've never stayed there and I think it may be in a "questionable" area. You'd probably know more about that area than we do.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote